A gentle game for women of a certain age
The Official Granny Basketball Rules (Abreviated version)
1. A team consists of two guards, two forwards, and one or two centers, all of whom remain in their designated court. The coach may play if otherwise qualified.
2. The floor is divided into three courts.
3. No running or jumping. (Hurrying is allowed).
4. Two dribbles per possession per player.
5. No physical contact.
6. No timelines or lane restrictions
7. A game consists of four 8 minute quarters with a continuous clock.
8. One time out per team per quarter
7. Three fouls only are allowed per player. Players are disqualified after the third foul.
8. 3 points are scored for underhand shots; 2 points for other field goals; 1 point for free throws.
9. No bare flesh (neck to toes) may be shown. (Technical foul!)
10. In case of a tie after regulation play, an additional 4 minute period is played. Each team is allowed one time out during the overtime period.
(Complete rules are available in the
Joy of Six
or contact any Granny Basketball advisory board member).
Join and Play